Sunday, January 8, 2012

Interviewing Question and Answer

Ever go to an interview and be asked, "What is your biggest fault?" Well I usually say being a perfectionist. But it's tied with being a procrastinator. Not that I am killing myself at deadline time or anything, I'm not a professional procrastinator. But I do procrastinate. Put something in a pile to do later. Pick it up and move it five times before actually putting it away. Who's with me here?




Reading one of my blog updates tonight I see this: '28 Ways to Stop Complicating Your Life'. If you know me you know that people making things complicated drives me crazy. I'm reading through the list saying 'yep', 'uh huh', and 'oh yeah'. Then I see...


#8 - "Start taking action and making changes. Action and change are often resisted when they’re needed most. Get a hold of yourself and have discipline. Discipline is choosing what you really want over what you want right now. Putting something off makes it instantly harder and scarier. What we don’t start today won’t be finished by tomorrow. And there’s nothing more stressful than the perpetual lingering of an unfinished task." Truth is - they are right. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing that pile of things to do day after day after day. Not that that pile won't always be there, there will always be a ton of things to do, but they will be different things, not the same ones piling up.



So I got busy - cut out some ideas for things I want to create, cleaned out the cubby area, filed some papers, and threw things away. My space is much clearer now and so is my head. Nike really had a great idea with their 'Just Do It' campaign!



No comments:

Post a Comment