Thursday, January 5, 2012

One Little Word

One single word can truly be a powerful thing. It can be the corner stone of a great creation or the ripple in the pond that changes everything around it. One single word can bring forth a smile or a tear. It can be a catalyst for adding creativity and enjoyment to your life.

If you're in the scrapping world you probably know what I am talking about - Ali Edwards and her 'One Little Word' that has taken on big meaning. In the past years I've used Love, Create, and Togetherness. If you get email from me you might remember seeing those in my signature. I've used them, thought about them, but haven't lived them or really done anything with them. But that's about to change.

This year my word is 'TIME' and this year it really comes from the heart in so many ways.

I’m sure you’re all with me when I say I never have enough TIME. This is something I have been struggling with a lot and something that will be an even bigger challenge for me in the coming year. I make TIME for others, but often not for those I really want to make TIME for. I am organized but TIME seems to get sucked up in a noiseless vacuum and disappears. I turn around and things I wanted to allow TIME for in my day have to be put off, yet again. As you may have noticed, if you know me, I pack a lot into a regular day. However, there is not usually something simply for me.

I need to make TIME for me, my family, my home, my creative outlet (better known as scrapping). I need to remember that I have the TIME now and that I need to make the most of it today because once today is gone there is no getting it back.

This year my word is TIME and this year I will try to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment