Wednesday, February 13, 2013



          My youngest son asked me if I had thought about what I was giving up for Lent because he had. I said I hadn't really thought about giving things up, but more about giving. I asked if he wanted to do that. He said no. He was really into 'giving up' this year and thought he would give up..... the Wii!! 

          Yes, you saw that right, the Wii! After a discussion of how his birthday falls during Lent which means possible Wii presents he wouldn't be able to play with for a couple weeks, the possibilities of giving up my Itouch, chocolate (which cannot happen because he IS having Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie for his birthday), dessert (see above), and pie (see above) were all discussed. I mentioned ice cream. He decided he better just give up the Wii. LOL My boys certainly do love food!

          As I looked across the seat on our way to Zumba I could see just how much this meant to him. It was written all over his sweet serious face. I offered to give up ice cream with him, if that would help. He looked at me, eyes large and searching, and said, "You would do that for me?" Yep, be still my melting heart. You can say it a million times but they just don't get that you would do ANYTHING for them.

          After class we came home and talked to the two other guys in the house. My heart swelled as they both agreed they too could give up ice cream to support the young one. See, it's not just about giving up, it's about giving, in all ways. What a great Lenten Season beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment